Sunday, November 29, 2009

Puppy care-blistering?

My black lab just had puppies 2 weeks ago, After messing with them today I noticed that the area on their bellies that doesn't have hair is all blistered, what would cause that and what could I do about it?



Puppy care-blistering?

if they are just uppies when the y are born did you notice how they sorta just wiggle onthere stomach? well they just sorta get blisters form rubbing and moving around alot btw i love labs!



Puppy care-blistering?

I assume you will be calling your veterinarian soon to make appointments for shots for these pups, so that would be a good time to ask over the phone if the blisters are cause for concern and if there is anything you can or should do about them. I've never dealt with a newborn litter ... I'm wondering, are you seeing not blisters but their umbilical cord scars? In the meantime, if the blisters are of the "dry" type, I wouldn't worry and just keep an eye on them. If they are bleeding/pussing/seeping fluids or seem to be getting worse or larger or increasing in number, or if the puppies' behavior turns either listless or inconsolable, I'd call your vet and not wait until its time to schedule shots but instead get them in sooner.



Puppy care-blistering?

Hi Silken_angel05!



I can definitely understand your concern!



Worms can cause hair loss. Pups are extremely susceptible to worms and it isn閳ユ獩 a bad idea to have a stool sample checked monthly until they are about 6 months old. Check with your vet for additional recommendations.



Jason Homan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan