Thursday, November 26, 2009

Hair extensions?

So I'm thinking about having hair extensions professionally put in for me. My question is how do you feel about them, how do you care for them, and how long do you leave them in? Are they expensive? Actually, just tell me everything you know about them and some good references of salons who do them. Add'l info: I'm white, black, and native american. My natural hair length now is to my boobs and it's relaxed. When you answer, please let me know your race and your experiences with extensions if you don't mind please.



Hair extensions?

Hello! I'm 1/2 asian, 1/2 caucasian with dark brown, coarse hair (typical asian hair)



I had 14" extensions put in my hair for an anime convention last year, and they used real human hair, then colored matched my hair and the extensions to the black that I requested. Total, it came to just over $1300, and I had mid-back length hair at the time. When I priced 8" extensions for my Senior Prom in 2004 in Milwaukee, WI, I was quoted $600, but I didn't follow through with them.



While I had my extensions in, I really couldn't tell other than the fact my head was about 2 pounds heavier (lol). My extensions were literally sewn around my hair in layers, and I could comb it as usual and wash it as usual. They did advise me not to use a bristle brush, but I don't use those anyway.



Because my extensions were natural human hair, I could use regular styling products, regular shampoo, etc, and if I wanted, I could have them checked and tightened/adjusted whenever until I had them removed 2 months later (they generally last 6-8 weeks without any adjustments). They looked REALLY nice, and after the anime convention, I got a cut and style to suit my everyday needs, but kept the length. There was no need to see a special hairstylist, but I did let them know in advance that I had extensions.



I'm not sure by your question what the texture of your hair is, but if you have it relaxed, my main concern would be about your regrowth POSSIBLY making your hair look unkept after a couple of weeks near the roots. If you don't mind this (you'd have this issue without extensions as well since you had to relax it in the first place), then I don't see any problems. Check with your hairstylist or whoever does your extensions and find out if it'd be safe to process your hair when they're in. I have no idea about that.



Since I have no idea where you're from, I can't recommend any salons, but I will say that if you've heard of the salon in your area and what you've heard isn't negative, it'd be a good place to start and get references from there! I got mine done at a privately owned salon in a Chicago suburb.



My personal hairstylist lives in Appleton, WI and works in Green Bay/Fond du Lac alternately. If you're interested, her name is Mandy, and I can send you her information if you'd like. My email is my screen name at the yahoo domain.



Hair extensions?

Why do you want extensions if it's alreay long??



anywho



yes they are expensive



yes they are disgusting



Hair extensions?

Well I personally think hair extentions are great. They look really preetty and it's better than dying your hair because that damages it. Anyways you can get in extentions from almost any hair stylist. Th more real the extentions the more it costs. My friend got it done and it cost her around $80. I think you can get them done for less than that though. Also there are various types of extentions like clip ons, hot fusion or bonding even weave. If you wanna be able to take it out easily get clip ons.



Hair extensions?

I don't know where you are from, but extensions can usually run a few hundred. Are you planning on having them sewn in or glued in?? How long are you planning on having your exensions?? Your stylist will tell you exactly how to take care of them, there are different techniques for glued and sewn. Think about maintenance as well. As your hair grows the extension will need to be adjusted. This costs money as well. Whether they are glued or sewn, you will have to have them tightened as your hair grows. I'm all about extensions, but people who've never had them, don't understand that it's an expensive hairstyle. The upkeep alone. If you are willing to maintain them. Go for it!! Hope that helps!



Hair extensions?

Depend on what kind of hair extension you like.There are 2 types of hair ext. use sew on or glo on the hair. You can leave it on as long as staying in place. wash your hair regularly.



Hair extensions?

Hair extensions can be every expensive if you use real hair. I am white and have very straight hair. The extensions I had were great lengths. I loved them. You could not run you fingers through your hair (or nobody else for that matter) but you wash your hair/color it pretty much like you would your own hair. It depends on how fast your hair grows as too how long you keep them in. They are put in about a 1 1/2 hair from your scalp and as your hair growns (and sheds) out the extensions will start to matte and twist. My extensions lasted usually about 6 months.



Hair extensions?

I'm white but have wavy/curly/coarse hair and have been doing extensions for 4 years. My advice is...



Only use HUMAN hair, fake hair will get matted and fry when you style or wash it.



Yes they are expensive and you also have to do maintenance.



You can do individuals or a track, I recommend individuals(I've done both). The track hurts like no other. Putting them in and sleeping on them.



You can glue, bond, or sew them in. I prefer bonding. It lasts longer and feels better, and looks more natural.



If you get individuals you can keep them in your hair for a long time but you have to get the ones that fall out replaced about once a month or once every 2 months.



Try clip ins fist to see if you like it before you spend a lot of $$$



What city do you live in so I know what salons to tell you about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan