Thursday, November 26, 2009

Did anyone see the Tyra's Black Women's State of Union?

It was a good show, and a lot of issues were left out especially about hair. They tlaked about weaves but she didn't talk about how Black women who choose to be natural face discrimnation and hatred from other black people and in socitey...I've been natrual since Fall of 06 and ever since than friends, family members, and men have said negatve things about it and I lost a boyfriend because I had cut my realxer of when I was with him and he said that he only liked long hair and that my hair was nappy.....I'm tired of dealing with this discrimantion...Black men are the worst hyporcrites ever, they claim they want a natural Black woman without a weave or a relaxer but they are always with girls wth either long straight hair or light skin.......I don't care, I like being natrual and I wish more black women would consider it...Why do we have to confrom to Eurocentric beauty standrads, I rather stand out and look as African as I can than look like I'm trying to be something that I'm not....



Did anyone see the Tyra's Black Women's State of Union?

Beautifully written. I applaud you for your wise words and choice to go natural.



Did anyone see the Tyra's Black Women's State of Union?

there are many black men that accept a black women for who she is whether she has a natural hair style, weave, and relaxer. it not always true about the light skinned and long hair female either because she is also a black woman.



Did anyone see the Tyra's Black Women's State of Union?

Black people period can be the worst hypocrites, but I understand. My father always talks about my hair being nappy whether I have a relaxer or just flat iron. When I would wear hair extensions he would then compare me to being White just to be an a*hole...but he's my dad. Do you know what I learned from that? I learned that none of that sh!t really matters. It is what it is...just a bunch of sh!t. Guess what? When I showed him that I didn't care, he stopped talking about my hair. When you let people get to you and they see they are getting to you, they are going to use it to their advantage because it gives them this sense of control.



Black women can be the worst hypocrites as well. Black women who continue to straighten their, however that may be, catch a lot of flack from women who wear their hair natural. While some know damn well they too used to wear their straight. It goes both ways.



So what have we learned today?



---YOU DON'T LIVE TO APPEASE OTHER PEOPLE. ---



Long hair, straight hair, nappy hair, kinky hair, whatever hair...doesn't mean SH!T. We should all just grow up.



Did anyone see the Tyra's Black Women's State of Union?

you go sweetie



i say any man who is more into YOUR hair than his own...needs to be with another man...OkAAAyyyy!



Did anyone see the Tyra's Black Women's State of Union?

I hope it doesn't include me....



Because I've always had a thing for natural black women, you know? like Erykah Badu.



Did anyone see the Tyra's Black Women's State of Union?

i get what ur saying and sometimes when im flat-ironing my hair i think...this is way too much work...why am i doing this anyway?...and i wish sometimes that i had ur courage to just go natural...



but the thing is my hair is sooo much more do-able and managable when its straight...i wouldnt do it for any other reason...



but dont generalize black men...cuz thats show ignorance and u dont sound stupid at all



Did anyone see the Tyra's Black Women's State of Union?

Works both ways sweety. Blacks with natural hair dog girls with relaxers and weaves and say they want to be White. Not all females with straight hair want to be White, striaght hair is just easier to tame. Its different, Blacks going natural is still not as normal as it was in the 60s and 70s so yes you are going to get stares, just like people with facial tats. It is still unusual here, if you are that insecure about it, get a relaxer or move somewhere where it is a norm and relaxed hair is not. As for the people who talk about you, they know that you are sensitive and it gets to you, no one has anything to say about people with natural hair who do not seem to be affected. My roommate has natural hair (that is sort of what we consider nappy, the really tight curls that go straight to the scalp) no one says things to her because she embraces it.



I prefer natural hair, and some men prefer it too. Your boyfriend was shallow, or he may have just wanted an excuse to break up with you. Date men who like you for you not your hair. Please do not categorize ALL Black men, because they can do the same for us. Some people with natural hair do not do their hair, and that is why they are getting picked on. I am not really a fan of braids, and others may feel that they look too ghetto because a lot of ghetto females had worn braids all the way up until now where tracks are more popular.



Your entire speech sounded insecure all the way up until the end, and as I said before every straight haired person does not want to be White, it is easier to manage straight hair. If you really want to go there, if anything it is being Asian. Most White people flat iron their hair in the morning to get the straight look.



My mother's hair is naturally striaght, and she got up extra early in the morning to tease and fluff her hair to get the "normal" black look back in the 70s, which was an afro.



Did anyone see the Tyra's Black Women's State of Union?

Dare to be different! You go girl!!!! =]



Did anyone see the Tyra's Black Women's State of Union?

you are right

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan