Sunday, June 20, 2010

Nagging family coming for a month?! plz help!?

I'm in high school and some of my family is coming to stay with us for a month. They are all deeply religious and believe in only wearing long skirts and conservative clothing. I honestly don't care what they wear until they start trying to change who I am. I'm half punk and half preppy. Ex. Black nails, dark hair, w/ miniskirts %26amp; tanktops. One of the biggest issues is the black nails and my dyed hair. They talk about me behind my back and how I'm not pleasing God and all this other stuff and they try to change how I dress. All of my clothing is approved by my parents, allowed at school, and NONE of it is slutty. My parents have talked to them about why I can wear what I do, but nothing makes anything different.



How can I make this visit easier so I don't have to listen to them nag about changing my style?



Nagging family coming for a month?! plz help!?

I presume they have been invited by your parents? In which case, there is not much you can do since it is not your house but rather your parents. You can speak with your parents telling them just what you have written here. I believe if you have a good talk with your parents and reminid them how they approve your clothing, they might help you. Otherwise, I wouldnt argue with these people, just go tell your parents on them and if you complain enough to your parents ( dont argue with the visitors) your parents might be more reluctant to have them visit in the future.



Nagging family coming for a month?! plz help!?

I don't think those type of people belong at a family gathering. They are trouble makers. I am sorry for you, but your parents hold the key to all this. They should tell those overbearing fanatics to stop, or stop coming to the house. They should tell them that you are their daughter and though they may not agree with your appearance, they still love you. I hope things get better for you.



Nagging family coming for a month?! plz help!?

Talk to your parents and calmly explain that the crazy religous family's behavior is demeaning and insulting to you.



Offer your parents several solutions that work for you.



Do you have a friend with whom you could spend a week end to get some time away from the crazy religious family?



Can your parents send a polite but firm email to this family before the visit explaining that what you their child does, wears, listens to is their parental responsibility and your parents insist that they do not interfere with them raising you %26amp; that includes making any comments about you?



Nagging family coming for a month?! plz help!?

They are really being crude and rude if they are coming into your home and criticizing you. It is none of their business. What you do is between you and your parents. As for trying to restrict your music, avoid being around them when you are playing it.



Nagging family coming for a month?! plz help!?

All I can suggest is to minimize the amount of time spent around them. Use any excuse that you can get away with, spending the night with friends, after school activities, library, get a job quick! The less they see of you the less they will have to annoy you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan