Sunday, June 20, 2010

I had a silly question about my heritage?

my moms black and my dads a vanilla toned black man as well, i dont know much about my dads side of the family due to my dads death when i was younger hes parents dont really care for my mother . but growing up ive always wondered why im very light skinned even lighter then my dad , people always ask me and when they see my half sister they joke and say my mother adopted me and i look different then all of the i have long curly hair its nothing like my sisters and my aunts on my dads side have the save curly jet black indian like hair , the reason why i ask cause my husband knows his heritage through and through and i dont know much about mine and i want to know why im so different when i have nothing but african american family



I had a silly question about my heritage?

AT SOME point in one`s life he/she asks such questions about one`s identity...do u know about any of ur mom`s relative whom you resemble?anyways dont bother much.does your husband have any problem with your skin color?if you have so many doubts and questions talk to elderly people in your family(from your mom`s and dad`s side).do u anything about genes?some dominant genes appear in babies even if they are present in any of the partner(parents)but reccessive genes appear when there are many contributers or beholders of that genes...its bit confusing though.anyways..dont worry so much.your man should love you for what and who you are...and not what haritage you have.GOOD LUCK!



I had a silly question about my heritage?

Well your family could be racially mixed from way back. Where I live, there are several blond, blue eyed children who have two parents who look like full blooded natives. They're just throwbacks. That happens sometimes when you have the light skinned genes somewhere, even way back, on both sides. If you want to know for sure you can get a gene test but it's pretty expensive for the full test.



I had a silly question about my heritage?

There are always variations in how our genes combine. Any of the stories of 'passing' testify that your characteristics are not uncommon.



I'd recommend contacting your father's parents or siblings if they are still living and try to get more info on the family, for the benefit of your children in the future. Names, stories, pictures..



In the journal section of bookstores there are usually some beginners family history record books and grandma %26amp; grandpa memory books. I suggest gifting some of these to your relatives, and spending time with them, as they fill them out - or they tell the stories and you fill it out, then you'll have priceless stories that matter so much more than a quirk of genetics.



I had a silly question about my heritage?

There are some genetic testing that they can do for Native American, way back when tribes openly welcomed African people into their tribes maybe you can get in touch with your granmother or other relatives to trace back your geneology. I am polish and Italian only 3rd generation here and I look more Native American than anything else, so much so that people make comments thinking that I am. As far as I could trace there is none. So who knows where some features come from when mixed.



I had a silly question about my heritage?

Sometimes you get white kids born of black parents. They still have their parents features, but their skin colour is different. It might be something to do with pigmentation problems, or being albino, but I'm guessing here. It is possible and nothing wrong with it. It's just something that happens in the genetic makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan