Friday, June 18, 2010

Anyone have a mixed baby girl??

I have a mixed baby girl ( I'm white and her daddy is black) she is 15 months old. I'm having a problem taking care of her hair. She has soft hair but really tight curls in the back. Her grandmother on her dad's side always jokes that she has white people hair on top and black people hair in the back because on the top the curls aren't as tight. Anyway, what I want to know is how I brush through those tight curls. I feel so bad when I have to brush her hair. How do I take care of it?



Anyone have a mixed baby girl??

I am black, and my daughter's father is mixed, so she has mixed, curly hair like his....although the curls are a little smaller than his. I found that using products that I use for my hair were too heavy for her hair. You should start using a MOISTURIZING shampoo and conditioner. Make sure any products that you use, state that they are moisturizing. Black people use heavy products because we tend to have dryer hair. I also use detangling sprays to comb her hair. It is best to use a brush that doesnt have brisstles. Use the kind of brush that has prongs like a comb...I dont know what it is called. But I dont use the same kind of brush on her hair that I use for mine. I use a soft brisstled brush to brush up the edges, but to brush through her hair, I use the kind that of brush that is similar to the comb that you attach to a blow dryer. Dont use a blow dryer on her hair, it will dry it out and make it poofy and frizzy, but the moisturizing conditioner should help eleviate the frizziness. I like the Pantene shampoo and conditioner for curly hair. They have an entire line of conditioner, shampoo, gel, mouse, etc. I find that those products brings out the curls, and makes it more managable. Try not to put too much oil, but if you do, use Jojoba oil. It adds moisture, but does not make it heavy. Another alternative is olive oil. That is good, but not as good as jojoba oil. Try to find a light gel to keep the sides down if you only put it in one ponytail. One or two ponytails are cute with that kind of hair. I hope that this helps!! (Dont use rubber bands, use the cloth style rubber bands because they easier tangle and pull out the hair)



Anyone have a mixed baby girl??

Sounds like a question for mother-in-law!!!



Anyone have a mixed baby girl??

Look at buying some hair care products for people with very curly hair. Products like coco butter and other slight natural hair 閳ユ笧elaxers閳?will help you brush it out, keep it health and shinny. I would try going to a specialty shop or looking online.



Most of these products are natural, and safe for babies, be sure to read the ingredients.



Anyone have a mixed baby girl??

feeling bad about brushing her hair??? Im sure it is not as difficult as others, you will get used to it, just moisturize it daily and get busy.



Anyone have a mixed baby girl??

My 3 (soon to be 4!) children are mixed also. My 3 year old son has curly 'black' hair, my 15 month old stepson has in between hair, and my 12 month old daughter has curly 'white' hair. It's definitely a learning experience to figure out how to take care of hair that is so different from yours! The bottom line is that you *have* to comb her hair. If you don't, it will become matted, and you'll end up having to shave her head, and I'm sure you don't want to do that! Try using a wide-toothed comb or pick, and comb it every day. Use a leave-in creme conditioner in her hair after every bath, or even every day if she needs it. Pantene relaxed and natural creme conditioner works great, and a little goes a long way! Also, Sunsilk 'poof control' (in the blue bottle), and anything like Frizz Ease work very well! These conditioners will make it a little easier to comb through, and will keep her head and hair moisturized. Good luck with your little bundle of joy!



Anyone have a mixed baby girl??

My step-daughter uses a spray baby detangler and a hair comb with large, wide-spread teeth. She leaves the detangler in to give moisture and only combs her child's hair wet! She is beautiful!



Anyone have a mixed baby girl??

I'm a mixed woman, raised by a white mother and I grew up with the poofiest, frizziest mess on my head because my mother just didnt know what to do to it. Wet your childs hair, brush it out good, put some either "Pink" oil (you can get it at Wal-mart) on it or that other brand for little girls thats like Pink oil and let it air dry for little curls. If you dont want to do all that then find someone who will put something on it, section it and either braid it or something then you can go alittle longer without having to mess with . Don't let your child's younger pictures look like mine did.



Anyone have a mixed baby girl??

This is coming from a cosmetologist.. I do hair for a living.. You can brush a mix babies hair it will not lay down correctly.. Your best bet is to get some black hair product like baby so soft dangler and stray that on before e you start to comb it.. When you comb the hair start at the ends and work your way down to the root of the hair.. Part however you want to style the hair and you should be good any questions contact me by email.. Do not put lotion in her hair it will destroy it



Anyone have a mixed baby girl??

Ok so I'm mixed myself and I remember what it was like when my mother didn't know what to do with my hair. Her and my father would drive me 5 hours every weekend to have a family member do it and started straightening it at probably 3. Not a good idea unless you know what your doing. One thing I do with my son (his father is african american as well) is use conditioner during his bath and brush through it with the conditioner in. Works great. Try lusters pink hair oil with braids and things to keep them neat ( I use it on my own hair). Another thing we use on my son is just a little tiny bit of baby oil gel in his hair to keep his curls tight when he doesnt have braids or anything. Works great but a tiny bit goes a long ways. Just remember if you don't comb through it now you will end up with a big painful mess later. Trust me my son used to hate it when he was that age as well but he's 2 1/2 now and he's used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan