Sunday, June 20, 2010

How do I use my curling iron? I am African-American and I have a relaxer?

I have a Con-Air curling iron w/1-1/2" barrel. It's almost silver-dollar diameter, maybe a little smaller.



I have a relaxer in my hair and I'd like to know how to use my curling iron. I've had it for literally 4 years and it's been out of the box 3 times b/c a co-worker relaxed my hair and curled it for me.



I normally sleep in big black rollers for big bouncy curls...Can I get the same effect w/my curling iron?



Any stylists/hairdressers out there that specialize in African-American hair........I am quite hair clueless so I am asking this out of sheer wanting to know so I can take care of my hair.



Thank you so so so so so much. Also, if anyone can point me to some websites and/or pictures, that would be great too.



Thank you!



PS--%26gt;I want to know how to do this b/c I have a job interview soon %26amp; want to look professional with nice smooth, sleek, wavy or straight hair.



How do I use my curling iron? I am African-American and I have a relaxer?

A curling iron wont really give you the same kind of curls as rollers. The curls will be a lot tighter but less durable with a curling iron. The curls willbe bouncy though. A good tip is to get a styling spray that holds and spray it on a strand of your hair BEFORE you use the curling iron on that piece. It will hold better. Good luck.



How do I use my curling iron? I am African-American and I have a relaxer?

after using the relaxer and blow drying it. Spray your hair with oil sheen and curl your hair or make it straight you should also watch how your friend curls your hair and ask if she can show you i'm an african american too and my hair is sleek and shiny and straight



How do I use my curling iron? I am African-American and I have a relaxer?

iwould really keep it on the lowest setting for heat, becausepermed hair dosent take alot of heat to curl your hair , and then even checking it by hand to actually see if its cool enough.



How do I use my curling iron? I am African-American and I have a relaxer?

I'll help you but how are you trying to curl your hair? what style Also to answer one of your questions ccurling your hair you won't get the same effect as rollers but you can get a little close to the effect just depending on what product you put on the hair but first I need to know what style your trying to accomplish, I'm a llicensed stylist? email me %26amp; let me know also you can check out hairbyus%26lt;dot%26gt;spruz%26lt;dot%26gt;com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan