Sunday, June 20, 2010

Moms, I need your help!!?

I'm 14 years old and am going into high school. I've been wanting to get highlights for like 2 weeks. After my mom got her highlights (she gets them like once every 2-3 months for 2 years now), I asked her if I could get highlights. I said that I wanted them to be natural-looking (I have black hair, and I want auburn highlights), and I said I could take care of them and pay for them. She said "let me sleep over it." Then, later on, I heard her talking to my younger sister about it. And my sister told her that I've been wanting highlights for a few weeks now, I just didn't know how to ask. She said I wanted natural-looking highlights and stuff. It's the next day now so my mom's "slept over it", but she still hasn't said anything about them. Do you think she'll say yes? What does "I'll sleep over it mean? Was my argument convincing? Does her talking to my sister help or not? Help!!!!!



Moms, I need your help!!?

That stuff is getting more and more expensive. The highlights I have gotten can cost like $90. Actually, more than that. I don't know if it's cheaper where you live, but you need to get your own job. You may get the highlights and want to maintain it and get it done every 3 mos. Get your own job and pay for it yourself.



Moms, I need your help!!?

Steph I believe that sleeping over it means no. That is just how I feel. I believe that you are a little young to it.



Moms, I need your help!!?

Your mom's probably trying to decide what is age-appropriate. My daughter wanted highlights too, then she wanted to dye her hair a completely different color.



In my mind, that's along the lines of trying to appear to be more of an adult and more attractive to men. It's not that I don't want my daughter to look good. I just can't allow her to send out the "wrong signals" to other people and let her appear to be something she's not.



Fourteen might be too young in your mother's mind to get highlights, only because she's trying to protect you from growing up too fast. Unfortunately, the way you dress, the way you do your hair, the way you present yourself to the world has an impact on what people think of you. You create impressions, good or bad, every time you walk out the door. That's why your mom has rules about the clothing you wear.



This also applies to your hair. Whether you get highlights or not is probably not really the issue for your mom. The issue is whether or not kids at school will think you're "easy" at worst, vain at best and what the ramifications of her decision will be.



But, trust me, it will be made out of love.



Moms, I need your help!!?

Just to add another comment, do you want to be a "high maintenance" girl?



I agree with the poster who said if your mom said she would sleep on it, was her way of saying no.



No I don't think your argument was convincing.



Moms, I need your help!!?

I think she is still trying to figure out if its age appropriate. I don't think I will be letting my daughter change her hair color at 14.. It does tend to give the appearance of being older and start attracting the wrong kind of attention.



I have alot of teenage nieces and can see the problem.



Moms, I need your help!!?

Your mother probably hasn't forgotten, but you have to remember it's very expensive to have this sort of hair coloring procedure done in a salon.



I hope things work out for you hon...



P.S. I bet your hair looks really nice just the way it is.



Moms, I need your help!!?

Word of advice-Don't push her. Give her a few days and see if she brings it up. You bug her about it, you definitely won't get it done. She may also be wondering if this was suddenly something you wanted to do and giving you the chance to change your mind again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan